LMT Dog Park rules are subject to change without notice, as deemed necessary for the safety and well-being of both humans and dogs. Failure to comply with these rules will result in revocation of your membership.
Hours of operation
- Off-leash dog area hours:
- Sunrise to sunset
Requirements for using the dog park
- All users must be registered with the Lower Makefield Township Department of Parks & Recreation to receive an access key card to utilize the dog park. Access key cards are non-transferable
- All dogs entering the dog park must be healthy, vaccinated according to the current requirements of the LMT Dog Park, and wear a collar displaying their current rabies tag and dog license, as required by Pennsylvania law. Please refer to the current health and vaccination requirements for more details
- Female dogs in heat and unneutered male dogs may not enter the park
- Puppies must be at least 6 months old and vaccinated according to the current requirements of the LMT Dog Park to enter
- No children under the age of 14 are allowed inside the dog park. Children ages 14-17 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult
- No more than 2 dogs per member are permitted at one time
- Use of the dog park is at your own risk. The owner of any dog(s) assumes all liability for damages or injuries suffered by any person or dog because of the member’s dog(s) while utilizing the off-leash dog area
Conduct at the dog park
- The dog park is divided into separate fenced-in areas
- Dogs weighing less than 25 lb must use the small dog area
- Dogs weighing over 35 lb must use the large dog area
- Owners of dogs weighing 26 lb – 34 lb may choose the appropriate area, small or large, for their dog
- Dogs must be on a leash when entering and exiting the dog park. Dogs are to remain leashed outside the dog park
- Owners must accompany and monitor dogs closely. Dogs must be in view of and under voice command of their owners at all times
- Dogs showing aggression or fear towards people or other animals must be removed from the dog park immediately
- No smoking, food, alcohol, or glass containers are permitted in the dog park
- No treats, food, or special dog toys are permitted in the park
- Pronged, pinch, choke, spike, or electric training collars are not permitted in the off-leash dog area
- Owners must clean up after their dog(s) and place waste in appropriate receptacles
- Stop your dog from digging and fill in any holes
- Please be considerate and do not allow nuisance excessive barking
The dog park may not be used for any private use or gain, which includes, but is not limited to, instruction/training activities or events of any kind without the written approval of the Lower Makefield Township Parks & Recreation Department.
In case of emergency, call 911. For police non-emergencies, call 215-493-4011.
The LMT Dog Park Manual can be seen by clicking here.